A late start

Since we just moved into the land, I am getting a bit of a late start on gardening. One of these days I will use the potting shed to start seeds and have an amazing garden that will supply us with fresh food. This year though... I had to buy starter plants from Lowes and use empty flower beds that are already here...  it is shameful.

Since it is an overcast day, I decided today would be a good day to plant. So I got out there and started digging holes for my little Lowes garden. I got in about 4 yellow squash plants before I hit a fire ant mound. I got covered.  Luckily I only got a few bites. I thought I would try pouring vinegar on the mound since I am growing food in the area.  I think it just made them angry. 

After all the screaming and stomping and vinegar and angry ants, I took a break... drank some water and started planting again.

I got 5 tomato plants, 6 yellow squash, 5 zucchini, 4 cucumber, 6 ichabod eggplant, 4 okra, 6 jalapeƱo peppers, 6 sweet bell peppers and 1 big bertha pepper into the ground.  I still have mint to plant next to the back door, but that can come later... 

I have always had a black thumb... but I am hoping I left that behind in the city.  


While digging the okra holes, this little guy decided to pop out and say hello...


Ginger
Ginger

i'm just a simple girl, trying to live a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment