Our Lucy girl is missing...

This morning we woke up late. It was about 8:10 before my daughter opened up the chicken coop and I threw on some clothes to go about making sure the ducks, bunny and chickens had food.

As I was walking toward the coop, I saw Lucy, our 13 year old, blind and deaf doxie, walking toward the potting shed. I didn't think anything about it... she had been inside all night and she likes to hang out by the fig tree on the side of the shed. It is just a few yards from the house and she never ventures far.

I feed the critters, pour the kiddos some fruit loops and a neighbor showed up to talk for a few minutes... i threw a makeshift cover over the duckling run and go to check on Lucy, who usually y this time has come back to the porch and is waiting by the door to continue her nap inside. I wasn't gone for 30 minutes...

Lucy has vanished... not a trace of our little doxie girl. I have walked all 12 acres of our property a couple of times and still no Lucy.  I am so sad.  

I keep thinking that something got her... that a coyote grabbed her or maybe a hawk took her out... and that makes me even more sad... I love our Lulubelle... I have hope that she will just show up... or that a neighbor will find her and give me a call (she has recent tags on)... 

Today is a sad day.


Ginger
Ginger

i'm just a simple girl, trying to live a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment